Monday, September 21, 2009

a strange girl in bright colours

When your face
appeared over my crumpled life
at first I understood
only the poverty of what I have. Then its particular light
on woods, on rivers, on the sea
became my beginning in the coloured world
in which I had not yet had my beginning.
I am so frightened, I am so frightened,
of the unexpected sunrise finishing,
of revelations
and tears and the excitement finishing.
I don't fight it, my love is this fear,
I nourish it who can nourish nothing,
love's shipshod watchman.
Fear hems me in.
I am conscious that these minutes are short
and the colours in my eyes will vanish
when your face sets.

~ Yevgeny Yevtushenko



♥ Dress by MinkPink
♥ Cardi by Benetton
♥ Wedges by Tony Bianco

6 comments:

  1. Cate, that outfit is fantastic! I love how you used the bow on your cardi and in your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your outfit just brightened up my day/evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so so so cute! I like your hair so much!@

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning :)
    great work on your posts so far, look forward to many more to come!
    xx

    ReplyDelete