Friday, May 21, 2010

autumn leaves of red and gold...

Today V and I headed down to Berry, on the south coast, for a nice, relaxing day of eating and browsing the cute little shops...



The scenery down this way is all so gorgeous - so green and pastoral



♥ Sportsgirl cotton minidress
♥ Supre woolen cardigan
♥ Country road wooly tights and cable knit scarf
♥ Rivers boots
♥ Sportsgirl bag
♥ Oroton sunglasses



We kicked off with brunch at one of our favourite cafes of all time - the Berry Sourdough Bakery & Cafe (be warned! of a weekend you are well advised to book a table or face a looong wait)



We arrived at 11:30am, only to find that breakfast had JUST finished - bummer!



Whilst the lunch menu is amazing, neither of us felt like lunch - we wanted brunch!



Cappuccinos whilst browsing the menu...



We eventually both decided on the bread-and-butter pudding, topped with thickened cream and cinnamon poached pears. This was an amazingly yummy breakfast (ahem dessert) - light and delicious, yet very satisfying!



Meet au lait - the world's most ginourmous coffee!



Yes, it really was this big!



Nom nom nom - I could have taken a dip in it! My kind of coffee
Nails are OPI Mrs O'Leary's BBQ



There were maple leaves everywhere today, a million different shades of red and gold - I ended up bringing a bunch of them home, there were so beautiful



Stopped and patted the horses...



Much to our surprise, we soon realised there was a Celtic festival on in Berry this weekend - awesome! I know its not very trendy, but I love those sorts of things!



We ate some yummy fresh-baked, still-warm Irish soda bread, slathered with local butter (and bought a loaf to bring home!)



We found a Scottie dog! So cute!



She was a bit camera-shy...



And of course there were Scottish marching bands (gotta love a man in a skirt)



As we were driving out of Berry, we passed a row of gorgeous maple trees, all afire with autumn leaves - and I had to get out and play!











Happy Saturday!
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. this is a great outfit and i love the scarf. I love grey. the last photo is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the photos of you jumping and dancing in the leaves. The coffee looks so, so, so good. Now I want coffee... but it's too late in the day to drink it, so I shall have tea instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, the last is my favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. How good is it just to PLAY!
    That bread and butter pudding looks amazing. I want!
    Your outfit is pretty too.
    One of my best friends from uni is from Berry and I stayed there at her parents' place for a week back in early 2002. It was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THESE PHOTOS!!!

    and holy moly batman was that a bucket of coffee? i must source myself one of these buckets :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. I miss Berry's autumn, so rich and vibrant and buttery.

    Love you xxx
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great in that combo. Love the grey with your hair. :)

    Oooh I didn't know Supre made woolen cardis! Is it new if you don't mind me asking?

    - SPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous way to spend a Saturday

    I love Berry - such a sweet place

    the coffee looks divine - like you could float away ontop of the frothy goodness - hmmmmm

    love the pics sweet

    xoxo
    wen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh I love Berry! It's so gorgeous! I loved playing in maple leaves as a kid. You've given me the urge to go and do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the last pic of you :)
    and that bread and butter pudding looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photos of you dancing with the leaves. so joyous!

    ReplyDelete