Friday, September 17, 2010

whale of a time...

Today has been such a lovely, relaxing Saturday. I've been out for the count most of this week with a really nasty bout of bronchitis - new experience for me, not much fun. I kept having nightmares I was drowning, and waking up gasping for air! I am feeling a million times better now, thank goodness

I had an early morning physio appointment today at the gym around the road, which V walked me to, and then he went to the gym while I was being pummeled and massaged and TENS'd.


And then, as we were feeling energetic, we walked into town and had a late breakfast at lee&me



Mmmmm coffee...



Predictable me got the blueberry hotcakes with sweetened ricotta and toffee-nut sauce...


V got the breakfast special - truffle-infused scramble eggs served on sourdough toast, with fried ham, tomatoes and baby spinach. Ohhh my goodness, I had serious food envy over this! I ate about half the eggs off his plate, they were SO fantastic! Absolutely delicious. The waitress told us these babies will be on their regular menu as of next week - I know what I'm ordering for breakfast next weekend!



V bought me a bunch of wildflowers - they smell SO amazing



Eeeeee my new whale-print dress! I love animal-print clothes, and I love whales - perfect!



♥ Urban Outfitters whale-print dress
♥ Williams slouchy leather ankle boots
♥ Oroton sunglasses



Tonight, we are heading out for dinner at our fave little Italian restaurant with some good friends we haven't seen in ages and ages - will be so lovely to catch up.

What have you all been up to today? I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Hope you feel better. You dress is cute as! Love the navy colour. Those flowers are gorgeous - I have a big bunch that my parents picked up for me this morning from the local growers since I've been sick too - they cheered me right up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wildflowers and that bunch is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get serious food envy when ever you post about that cafe. I really should make the trip down and try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress! all the food looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your whale dress is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it!!!
    And glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont blame you for being predictable - those hotcakes look incredible! Love the flowers too :)
    Being sick is yuck - glad you're feeling better!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. weekends of flowers and breakfasts are the bestest things!

    ReplyDelete