Monday, April 12, 2010

i like the cold...

the sound of rain pattering on the roof when I'm lying in bed...
drinking hot soymilk chai with honey, snuggling under an alpaca rug with V...
mist sitting low on the mountains...
stockings, scarves and woolen coats...
watching Audrey Hepburn movies on a rainy Sunday...
my owl-print woolen hot water bottle cover...



Woolly bedsocks!



Snuggly, cuddly cats...



And the best thing... making Mexican hot chocolate!



Grated into milk, with a good slosh of vanilla essence...



Mmmm...

5 comments:

  1. what is this mexican hot chocolate and why is it better than norm hot choc?
    i need to know!!
    im intrigued!!

    i love pickles too. nice crunchy ones. and now thank you for putting the waitress song in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those bed socks!
    I lost my Peter Alexander ones somehow...
    Time for a new pair, or 10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, Cate, it isn't cold yet?
    I wish it would grow cooler so I can wear my new cashmere cardy.
    (Although, I am from Melbourne).
    Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hot chocolate looks yummy, where did you get it from? I'll flick you an email tonight with my cell number. I got my job and am in the city too, on Pitt St! Yay, I feel so much better now I have a job. And yay for cooler weather, although the afternoons are still rather warm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knoooww Holly, its not cold enough for me yet either! I cannot wait until it gets to beanies-and-scarves weather.

    Cotton Socks - mexican hot chocolate is a sort of solid cake of dark chocolate mixed with yummy spices like vanilla, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Its delish! I bought it from The Essential Ingredient store in Canberra.

    Jen, yay, how exciting you will be on Pitt Street! That's very close to my work! I will check my emails tonight

    ReplyDelete