Friday, July 2, 2010

end of an era...

Today was my last day of working in the Sydney office - the end of an era.

After three years of commuting to Sydney to study, and two years to work there, I am finally free of 2-hourly train trips twice daily, early starts and late finishes. It was somewhat bittersweet - I was very sad to bid a (temporary) farewell to all my colleagues and friends in the Sydney office. I know its not like I'm going anywhere really, but I am really going to miss seeing them every day.

I had a bit of a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" moment this morning...



When I was studying law at Sydney uni, whenever I handed in an essay I would treat myself to a cappuccino and croissant from the Lindt cafe at Martin Place, and wander past the windows at the Tiffany & Co store, channelling Audrey (down to the gigantic sunglasses haha).

In celebration of my final day in the Sydney office, I grabbed a coffee and buttery-delicious croissant for breakfast, and walked down to Tiffany's and ogled all the pretties in the windows.

Bring on next week!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww!!! Good luck with the move lady! I love the Breakfast At Tiffany's idea. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck babe! you WILL have a great time!

    xx, Amanda (Not So Naked)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pleased for you :)
    Here's to less travel and more YOU time.
    How cute is the celebratory tribute to Breakfast at Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay and hooray for less travel! I hate commuting.

    ReplyDelete