Saturday, April 21, 2012

*sniffle*

Have been fighting a cold for most of last week, and quietly congratulating myself on holding the bloody thing at bay until bam! hits me on Friday like the proverbial ton of bricks *sigh*

I know the only thing to be done is treat the symptoms until my body fights off the virus, so I have been engaged in a kind of nuclear anti-cold-warfare...



Lots of homemade chicken soup



Zinc is I think the only thing that has been clinically shown to reduce the severity of a cold, so I have been tossing back a handful of these daily


And mainlining lots of lemon, ginger and honey



Leopard print certainly helps to cheer a girl up!



Kitteh snuggles are most definitely medicinal, didn't you know?



I indulged in some flower-therapy this afternoon



Lissianthus



Fressias - just wish I could smell them *cries*

How has the weekend been treating you all so far? Hope the dreaded lurgy has been keeping its distance! Any anti-cold tips for me?
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Awww hope you feel better soon!
    I've been sick with the cold too :(

    I find the only thing that works is lots and lots of sleep. I zonked out for a good couple of days.

    I find that the Blackmores Echinacea (I know it's not 100% scientifically proven but seems to work for me) and Vit C lozenges are good if you have a sore throat because they taste a LOT better than things like Strepsils and Difflam which are only good for numbing. If your throat does get really sore (razor blade sore) I find the only thing that really works for me then is antibiotics.

    All the best (sorry I haven't been much help)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely try echinacea next time! xx

      Delete
  2. Why is it that these viruses always hold off until you have days off? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah I know! This is coming up to the second weekend where I've been feeling less than 100% and its sooooo frustrating! xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon!

    Can I ask where you got those fab leopard ballet flats from? I'm searching for some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun, the ballet flats are from Tony Bianco, fairly sure they still have them online xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos as always - I hope you get well soon!

    If you can handle it (and won't be going near people for a day or two!) I finely mince as many garlic cloves as I can take (3 usually) and put it in raw through plain pasta. It numbs the throat a little and kills germs - that method has had me get over ailments in half the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. I am definitely going to try this next time, I am a huge garlic fan (plus it keeps the vampires away LOL) xx

      Delete
  5. A bit late but yay for zinc! that's what Im all about too. & ginger tea (fresh ginger, lemon, hot water.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still taking zinc like nobodys business, hope its helping! Ginger is all kinds of amazing xx

      Delete