Saturday, April 20, 2013

don q...

Nothing like a sleep-in with the kittehs on a Saturday morning, followed by a lazy breakfast. Bliss!

Thank you all for your kind words about my back - very pleased to report that I am feeling miles better, almost 100% again thank goodness. Yoga seems to be really helping!

I was lucky enough to score a subscribers ticket to see Don Quixote at the Sydney Opera House today. So, dragged the bump to the ballet for a matinee viewing - hopefully the first of many such outings with her!

Madeleine Eastoe was dancing the role of Kitri today, much to my great joy - she is quite simply sublime. Such control. She and Kevin Jackson were just fantastic. And I absolutely loved coryphee Benedicte Bemet as Amour, she was absolutely luminous, her smile and her feet were captivating!

I love being close enough to the stage to hear the dancers' pointe shoes, and see their faces, and today I was seated a mere 5 rows back. I always find myself moving my feet and tensing my legs during those seemingly endless fouettes or a particularly tricky allegro, and shifting my weight in my seat with the dancers. I must be a joy to sit next to! Needless to say, I walked out of there on a huge ballet-high, which sustained me all the way home (as it turns out, much needed!)

The drive home from Sydney was truly hair-raising. It was bucketing down rain and pitch dark, and there were far too many b-double trucks on the road for my comfort. Got back late and needed quick/ easy food.

Apparently McDonalds now do all-day hotcakes - this is seriously inspired. Nothing like pancakes for dinner!

Currently settling in to hibernate for the evening and read my Don Q program again - how cold is it! Ugg boots all the way
xoxo











2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about a 'ballet high'. I always feel like twirling and dancing around the house with a head full of music afterwards. Poor you having a long drive home in the rain, esp with trucks everywhere. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squee! What fun. Driving in weather like that through Sydney and home, having done it myself before, is terrifying. I'm very very glad you made it home in one piece (1.5 pieces?). Love xx

    ReplyDelete