Saturday, May 16, 2015

in the middle, somewhat elevated...

Happy Sunday, lovely readers! It's been a distinctly up-and-down week. Such is life I suppose.


A few hours at the hairdresser on Friday, and I am noticeably blonder, a real strawberry blonde, which I am thrilled with (not too dramatic to scare the beejebus out of the kiddo either, winner.) The idea is to progressively return to my natural shade of dark blonde - it's been fun being a redhead these past 7 years or so, but I'm up for a change, and a return to my roots (pardon the pun!)



Saturday morning we headed into our local Aldi (side note - I have to shop there more often!) to take advantage of their snow gear sale for E. She is now all kitted out for our New Zealand snow holiday! (Couch fans, you will note that the offending piece of furniture is not featured in this shot, so you'll just have to use your imagination I'm afraid.)


After the Aldi madness, we headed to the Fete at my old school, with my sister and niece. These two seriously just make me melt - wanting to murder each other half the time, but just so in love. Aren't cousins the best? 


The kiddo picked out a succulent in an eggshell from the plant stall. Also, a plastic gingerbread man toy (from Shrek we think), as she is obsessed with the Gingerbread Man story lately, so that was a real find. (Huh I have progressed from depressing balcony photos to even more depressing next door fence shots! hahahaha)


V has taken E for a swim (after letting me have a sleep-in while he made pancakes no less!), so I am currently enjoying a hot coffee and some meal planning.

I hope the weekend has been kind to you all!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Love the hair! I'm trying to go the other way, more a natural blonde to strawberry blond and I'm slowly getting redder haha. Love your current colour, I thought the red suited you but I think this does more.

    ReplyDelete