When the weather gets nice and cold, V and I like to spend the weekends sort of hibernating, holed up at home, drinking nice wine and making yummy food. And then eating it.
Dinner - ossso bucco slow-cooked in red wine and tomatoes and some spinach, served over tortiglione. And a bottle of shiraz. Perfection
As requested, the recipe for my lemon delicious puddings...
Ingredients (makes 6):
3 eggs, separated
2/3 cup sugar
3 tsp grated lemon rind
2/3 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cups milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180degrees. Place 6 ovenproof dishes (I use Le Creuset ramekins) in a roasting pan.
2. Whisk the egg yolks, sugar and lemon rind until thick and pale. Gently fold in the flour, then then fold in the lemon juice and milk until just combined.
3. Whisk the eggwhites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Add half the eggwhites to the flour mixture and gently fold in. Add the remaining eggwhites and fold until just combined.
4. Spoon the mixture evenly amongst the dishes. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan, enough to come halfway up the sides of the dishes.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, until cake tops form on the surface.
The finished puddings - so delicious!