Saturday, April 30, 2011

snapshots of saturday...

Today V and I ventured into Sydney (through tempestuous rain along the highway!), to help celebrate our gorgeous friend E's birthday at the Hyde Park Barracks - and clever me didn't take any photos!

Afterwards, V and I wandered around enjoying the shops, and each others' company...



Eeeee, my first visit to the coveted lululemon! The holy grail of yoga clothing! V very generously splashed out on some gorgeous yoga gear for me, which I cannot wait to wear to class on Monday!


After a few hours traipsing around the shops, we needed a pit stop aka caffeine hit



Three delicious red velvet cupcakes from the Cupcake Bakery...



One of them did not make it home!



Me: take a photo of me!
V: Not in the car park, that's tacky
Me: Uhhh, no, its edgy and interesting
Still not sure which of us was right

We arrived back in the Gong right in time for dinner - and decided to try out this cute little pizzeria that's just opened up, Lupa Pizzeria, on Keira Street. It was the most fantastic experience! Not only was the food amaaaazing, it is staffed almost exclusively by Italians, and half the patrons tonight were also Italian, and they all seemed to know one another, chatting and laughing. It was noisy and fun, and we felt as though we had wandered into some little village in Italy. Magical.



They have a liquor license! Always a bonus. Peroni for V, and a nommy Campari and orange for me



Check the pizza oven! The chef was a legend - I had so much fun watching him spinning the dough, throwing it high into the air, always catching it with perfect ease. And his gorgeous little prima donna-esque tantrums at the waitstaff if they failed to take the pizzas out as fast as he could make them. He really was running the show, and it was fantastic to watch



We shared the salsicce e funghi pizza - pork and fennel sausage, mushrooms and fresh tomatoes, delish! Accompanied by a fantastically fresh insalata caprese

Highly, highly recommend Lupa if you are after good pizza and service, and a truly fun, family-friendly atmosphere. Our only disappointment was that the tira mi su on the menu was not available tonight - boo!

Hope everyone is having a lovely, relaxing weekend!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. That pizza shoppe sounds sensational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares (re carpark photos), the dress looks beautiful. More pics please!
    :)

    renewvintage.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I must try this pizza place! Have you been to Friend's Pizza in Figtree?? They only do dinners, but I quite like it there! They're also Italian owned, and everyone's so friendly!

    Btw, absolutely love the dress that you're wearing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I always forget to take photos when I'm having fun! I actually have to put reminders on my phone if I'm going out with extra fun people!

    Looks like you had an amazing day despite the rain :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that pizza looks delicious! & I LOVE your outfit in the car park. Completely arty shot too :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I walk past Lupa on my to dancing, and ever since it had the 'new restaurant opening soon' signs, ive been excited, then got even more excited when I saw it was woodfired pizza
    it looks so friendly inside, and I can't wait to go there.

    ReplyDelete