Wednesday, June 13, 2012

loooong weekend...

Well, its only taken me to Wednesday to share my long weekend with you all! That's not so bad, right? Right? In my defence, I've been madly organising our move into the new rental (more on that to come!), so I've been kinda preoccupied, with good reason I think

My gorgeous family and I all headed down south to Tathra for the long weekend, yew!


Essential coffee kick-start before we kicked off...


Berry pie with ice cream at the East Lynne pie shop - no-competition, hands-down best pies on the south coast!


We rented a GORGEOUS house in Tathra, right up on the headland


My little balcony - I did morning yoga every day overlooking the ocean. Blissful!


My dream kitchen!



All the essentials, amiright?


We had many lovely communal family meals around this table... 


And as we were celebrating several birthdays, champagne was essential!

 

When in Tathra, do as the locals do, and hit up the Tathra Beach Pickle Factory for amazing coffee and baked goodies (of particular note: the OMG slice. OMG is all I can say)


Tea cosy competition in Merimbula - in the words of the great Billy Connelly, Never trust a man who, when left alone with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on his head


I can never resist an indulgent iced coffee! (my mum wasn't responsible for the spilled coffee in the background, that was courtesy of the waitress)


To continue to birthday-weekend-fete we had Sunday lunch at the amazing Mimosa winery



Possibly the best affogato known to mankind...


Sunrise and a lovely, long walk on our last morning...



I'm such a creature of habit when it comes to breakfast...

Driving home and coming back to reality was kind of hard


We stopped for lunch at Mogo...


Tyler's pantry is pretty damn awesome - they did take a ridiculously long time to get our food out to us, but if I'm honest it was totally worth the wait


Oh sweet, sweet caffeine, how I need thee!



Totally amazeballs jerusalem artichoke soup in a cob loaf



Driving back was truly terrifying - what with the insane holiday traffic, and the extremely heavy rain, I was tempted at times to just pull over and wait for the storm to stop (good thing I didn't, because it only got worse after I arrived home!)

How did you guys spend the long weekend? I hope it was relaxing and gorgeous and just totally wonderful
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. The soup! I love the presentation in the cob loaf, so clever! Oooh how relaxing and yummy your long weekend looks, sadly I had an exam on Saturday- but managed to see a movie and chill as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that region. We were just down at my Pop's in Bega the weekend before the long weekend, and we got down to Tathra... Didn't have enough time to get out to Merimbula or Pambula this trip though - next time! Your photos make me "homesick" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!! Family holiday :) Sounds wonderful. I'd love that soup right now, thanks! & that pie yummmmmm. that Billy Connelly quote is freakin hilarious! We went down to red hill, hoping to post about it tomorrow. twas epic.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever get a chance try the original Tylers at Malua Bay. If you think the Pantry is good, the restaurant is amazing - and luckily within walking distance of my parent's place!!! You just need to detour along George Bass Drive from Moryua rather than head along the highway.

    Looks like you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Tyler's Pantry and thanks for the comments. Apologies for the long wait for your food. Could you please send your email address to tylnol@hotmail.com.

    Cheers,
    Josh Tyler

    ReplyDelete