Friday, July 6, 2012

a foodie good post..

Apologies for the radio silence of late peeps! Our home phone is now connected (yay!) but we are still eagerly awaiting the arrival of our modem, which means still no internet at home (boo!). So I have to grab the opportunity to update my blog whenever available, ie now, at my parents' place

Thought I would share some recent gastronomic delights!


Brekky at Lower East with my younger brother yesterday... 


Last week, V and I checked out an amazing new spot for lunch, Sandygoodwich (love the name!)



The coffee was pretty darn good - I know thousands will disagree, and moan about how unhygenic cloth serviettes are, but I loves me a cute little handsewn cloth serviette! Something so homely about it


The kitchen is in full view and you can watch the guys construct your lunch (they also do brekky, very nom) The owner makes his own saukraut and cures his own bacon and pastrami! They also have a fab range of home baked treats - the special on this particular day was poached quince with meringues and cream *drools*


V's rueben sandwich...


Totally amazing pulled pork sammich for me! Highly, highly recommend checking it out if you're in the Wollongong area

V is currently still away in Tamworth, so I am contemplating an afternoon of fashion mags, pots of tea and maybe some banana bread baking in the oven
Happy weekend all!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment