Saturday, August 25, 2012

sydney weekend...

My goodness have I been a neglectful blogger! Several weeks with nary a post, eep! In my defence, my dropping off the grid coincided with V returning home from Tamworth after 7 weeks away. Needless to say, I haven't been spending a lot of time on the interwebs lately!

We celebrated his return with an overnight stay in Sydney last weekend - my apologies in advance for the extreme photo-bombage that is to follow!


We kicked off with high tea at the QVB - I had a voucher to use, thanks to the gorgeous Chantelle


Bubbles!


Mmmmm so much amazing food...







Did a spot of shopping - Jo Malone French Lime blossom cologne was my wedding fragrance, and it has always held a very special place in my heart


The view from our hotel room...


Getting ready for dinner - Review silk dress, Tiffany&Co toggle bracelet


Love love love the champagne trolley at est!


Veuve cliquot rose...


We had the degustation, it was truly amazing - the balmain bug was outta this world!


Giant-ass souffle!


Specials dessert just for us, nawww. The staff at est. are so lovely!


Breakfast at Glass brasserie...


Teeny tiny bircher muesli!


The weather was so gorgeous in Sydney! Perfect sunny day



Hot chocolate at the Lindt cafe, perfect end to the perfect weekend!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Dinner looks amazing and I love that dress on you. You're a modern day Edwardian beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos make me homesick for Sydney..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks amazing, but that souffle - Wow! I don't think I've ever seen one that huge served before! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, we have been having bouts of nice weather. I'm glad you got to experience it. So funny seeing pictures of you going to places that I actually know for once. Haha. Seeing photos of the QVB high tea have confirmed in my mind why I found the food there the best so far. I also like that you can see your food, unlike the Victoria Room and that there is a lot of it, unlike Museum of Sydney. As you can tell, I like my high tea. Have you been to the one at the observatory? Perhaps another VF meet up there?

    Anyhow, glad you had a good time in Sydney and that V is back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ate your photos with my eyes. Thank god I'm off to make Butterfly Cakes right now, or I'd probably cry in jealousy. Such a gawjus weekend, I'm so pleased for you - you freakin' EARNT it!

    All hail the bumping-down of the photo of the stewed fruit! I looked at every day for two weeks, bwahaha!

    Luff you x

    ReplyDelete